Head of Engineering
- City of London, London
- £70,000- £90,000
Guys - when you go clothes shopping, do you ever try on an item and say "that'll do" even if it's a tad too big or a tad too small? I know that I do, and I know that it annoys me every single time.
This is where this business come in.
These guys are a fashion start-up based in Central London looking for a HoE to come in and lead this business from a tech standpoint - and the potential (and funding) is legitimately unbelievable.
£70000 - £90000
Depending on experience
- To help build and lead an agile software development team
- To help redefine and drive forward a modern and innovative technical stack
- To help answer how we reach product/ market fit with the most efficient technology investment
- To deliver customer-visible benefit
- To help improve the speed with which we learn and iterate
- To help improve revenue growth and customer lifetime value
You have full-stack development experience and you are able to:
- Lead from the front by delivering code as and when necessary
- Lead our manual & automated testing strategies, build processes and deployment strategies and help set up monitoring & alerting in production
- Design and optimise APIs, as well as having experience of service-oriented architecture in general
- Design, build and maintain e-commerce applications
- Familiarity with Shopify (and it's Liquid templating language) is a bonus
More generally, you are able to:
- Balance short-term business needs against long-term code quality
- Take responsibility for our technical architecture and its optimisation for customer needs (you should have knowledge of a range of technology platforms)
- Advise and maintain engineering best practices within our team
- Communicate clearly and can organise our team around an objective
- Explain technology choices clearly and predicate your choice on customer benefit and business ROI
This is an incredible opportunity to build a product from scratch, build a team from scratch and help build this companies future from scratch. There's a hell of a lot of responsibility but, if that's what you're looking for, this role is perfect for you.
Fill in your details and we'll get in touch.